Saturday, June 25, 2011

Spies on “comfortable win” at Assen

Ben spies started second on the grid, after narrowly missing the pole position by 0.009s behind Marco Simoncelli, launching his Yamaha ahead of Jorge Lorenzo’s just in time to avoid a clash between the two. He steadily pulled away from Casey Stoner, who finished on his Repsol Honda in second.
“It was strange because it was one of the most comfortable races I’ve had, and it resulted in a win. I had a good feeling with the bike at the start of the race so I pushed to make a gap,” said Spies. “Even after I was 3 or 4 seconds ahead of Casey, when he pushed to try to catch me, I still had some reserve I could use, so I could speed up if I needed to.”
“It felt good to do it here this weekend, in the Yamaha 50th colors with all the greats watching, I guess it added a little bit of pressure now that I think about it,” he added.
“At least I don’t have to hear ‘are you ever going to win a race?’ There is always that question, now I can keep developing the bike for next year .source :motogp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment