Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Edwards and Croclow focused for German round

Experienced American Colin Edwards is looking to consolidate his place inside the top 10 in the overall rankings having scored points in six of the seven races he has started in 2011. Edwards is also determined to leave Europe full of confidence ahead of his crucial home round at the spectacular and challenging Laguna Seca track in California on July 24th. His best result at Sachsenring was fourth position in 2007 and he is confident the improving handling performance from the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 this season will be a crucial advantage in dealing with the demands of the 2.281 mile track
This weekend presents another big challenge for British rookie Cal Crutchlow, who will be making his Sachsenring debut. The 25 year-old is concentrating all his efforts on bouncing back from difficult races in Assen and Mugello recently and is aiming for a welcome return to the top 10. Sachsenring is the shortest track on the World Championship schedule but certainly one of the most challenging, the undulating layout made up of predominantly left-hand corners
The break after Mugello has really helped my physical condition. Aside from 2003 when I had the fireball at the bottom of the hill, I've really enjoyed my time at Sachsenring. I'll be looking for a good result to take some momentum into my home race at Laguna Seca, which is a huge weekend for me and one I'm already excited about.
The track is obviously dominated by left-hand turns but I'm not worried that is going to be a big problem for me. After all the weather disruptions of the last few weeks, I'm just hoping for a dry weekend so I can learn the track quicker. When the temperature is hot I've had some issues with front-end feeling, so hopefully some hot weather will give us the perfect opportunity to find a solution

No comments:

Post a Comment